North Dakota is a big state and when looking for the right Fargo wedding venue that is elegant yet rustic and has a beautiful barn with wonderful amenities, expand your thinking and the geographical parameters. You can have a wedding venue with a huge capacity for guests, many options for ceremonies and receptions on the grounds with stunning landscaping, lakeside views, including a two level barn, a new modern tent with a 300+ guest capacity and other indoor options in case of bad weather.
Only 50 miles away from Fargo, Lake Elsie Wedding Barn in Hankinson, ND also has a pampering destination wedding experience waiting for you with access to our Travel Advisor acclaimed, Bed and Breakfast, Lady on The Lake. Located next door to the venue, it has 4 guest suites accommodating the wedding couple and six other guests to stay the weekend and enjoy fishing, nature and bike trails (all guests are welcome to enjoy the property).
Best Photo Opportunities Inside and Outside of All Area of Fargo Outdoor Wedding Venues.
From the beautiful outdoor activities, access to the lake along with an outdoor lakeside fireplace, you and your guests will have a wonderful wedding and vacation experience.
Wedding Planners Without The Extra Fees
Gain access to top vendors, have a flawless planning experience directly with Sandy, the highly experienced owner. (she is a great cook too). Every wedding couple has the options of unlimited phone, text and email consultations from 7:00 am – 7:00 pm CST. You will have 2 consultations with your wedding day coordinator including a final meeting two weeks prior to the wedding date to go over details and finalize the agenda.
Your Wedding Day Experience
Both of you will have separate dressing rooms, all set-up and clean up taken care of, wide screen TV for presentations, guest photo station with load of fun props without having to pay for a photo booth, outdoor lawn games for the guests, wonderful lake views and gorgeous pavilion.
Even More Amenities
- The barn has climate control for heating and air conditioning.
- Handicap accessible ramp and chairlift to hayloft.
- ADA Compliant Indoor women’s and men’s restrooms.
- Golf Cart available for special needs.
- Enjoy the use of fully equipped kitchen.
- Free WIFI.
- Sound system (Bluetooth compatible) with a microphone that is portable.
- Built-in stage in hayloft and step up dance floor with lots of capacity for electric load.
- 2 Patios, one on the Wedding Barn north side with the view of Grass Lake The other is located on Lake Elsie shoreline with a fireplace and outdoor kitchen.
- Outside designated smoking area.
Other Options before and after the wedding
- Groom’s Dinner
- Rehearsal Dinner
- Brunches for close family and wedding attendants
Lady On The Lake Bed and Breakfast Details
Each of our 4 luxury guest rooms has a view of Lake Elsie. All include:
- Private bathrooms with 3 feature jetted Jacuzzis.
- The grounds are meticulously maintained with lots of blooming flowers, and trees providing shade.
- Beautifully decorated with parquet floors and unique touches.
- Comfortable common rooms and beautiful lakeside views.
- Picturesque lakeside dining experience on the patio.
We offer a different and elegant table setting each day. Sandy has gotten reviews on Travel Advisor that rival the top bed and breakfast cooks in the country.
- Homemade chocolate chip crepes, lemon curd, and glazed bacon with our scrambled eggs.
- Waffles, scones, muffins, and omelets.
- Prime rib, sweet potato crepes and twice-baked potatoes – topped off with a wonderful chocolate lava cake dessert!
Activities on Our Property
Lady on the Lake Bed & Breakfast has 463 feet of private shoreline with:
- Hiking and bike trails
- Beach patio with fireplace
Around the area, you can try your luck at the local casino, enjoy a wine tasting, get some fresh air on our hiking trails, and more. Check out our local accommodations as well.
The city of Hankinson is also a hub to the Sheyenne National Grasslands and the eight-mile Hankinson Hills Trail loop – for hiking, mountain biking, wildlife and nature viewing and cross-country skiing. Camping is also available. The Hankinson Hills Trail is an 8 mile loop that winds through the oak trees and prairie surrounding the Hankinson Hills Campground. It is a marked, graveled trail. This trail has four trailheads along its route, including one located in the campground. Click here for a map of the Hankinson Hills Trail. Please note the Hankinson Hills Trail is intended for non-motorized travel. Motorized vehicles include motorcycles, all-terrain vehicles (ATVs), utility terrain vehicles (UTVs), and snowmobiles and are not allowed to travel on the Trail.
Annual Events in Hankinson
- 7th Annual Hankinson Music Fest
June 11 & 12, 2021
- 18th Annual Oktoberfest
September 25, 2021
- Christmas Train
Currently canceled for 2020
- 4th Of July Parade
10:00 am each Independence day. Main Avenue and Highway 11, Hankinson. Noon meal to follow at the Hankinson Community Center.
Lodging Near The Venue
- 4 rooms onsite Lady on the Lake Bed and Breakfast
- 7 rooms 1.8 miles away Hankinson Inn (Owned by Sandy and Marshall Meyer)
- 5 hotel/motel nearby in Wahpeton
- Dakota Magic Casino
Some Popular Fargo Attractions
Fargo-Moorhead Visitors Center
Located in a grain elevator (wait till till you see it) Get information, maps, brochures, a gift shop, and friendly staff.
At the Celebrity Walk of Fame, See handprints of celebrities like Jesse Ventura, Dr. Ruth Westheimer, Neil Diamond, Metallica, and more. For “Fargo” the movie fans, take a photo with the “The Woodchipper”.
Red River Zoo
See species from some of the world’s rarest cold climate on 33 beautiful acres. Founded in 1999, Includes an interactive Zoo Farm and playground great for children.
Fargo Air Museum
See aircraft from periods of time. Some planes actually fly for visitors to watch. Home of the midwest’s largest Aviation libraries.
Roger Maris Museum
The Roger Maris Museum honors the memory of the late Roger Maris, a household name in sports for breaking Babe Ruth’s single season homerun record in 1961.
West Acres Shopping Center
The top shopping destination with 120 stores, including 4 major department stores, and unique stores.
Thunder Road Amusement Park
Thunder Road has a 1,000-foot go-kart track, two 18-hole miniature golf courses, bumper cars, laser tag, batting cages, and a video arcade. There are also many food options.